WHY EXHIBIT AT THE TUPINIERS ?
“Exhibitors of the Tupiniers du Vieux Lyon” show their talent to a faithful and expert public in a splendid scenery (qualified world patrimony by the UNESCO). Our market has been organized every year since 1986 and is undoubtedly the most important potters’ market of the territory in terms of turnover and its 40,000 to 50,000 annual visitors.
WHO CAN EXHIBIT ?
In order to apply to our market, you must be a professional potter which implies that:
- Ceramics is your principle professional activity.
- You dispose of a legal, fiscal and social professional status, in general one of the four main statuses in France : artisan, guild chamber ; artist, association of artists; profession excluded self-employed; self-employed.
Applicants with a different professional status (EURL, employee of enterprise nursery etc…) can apply, but the board of administration will decide whether her or his application can be received. They must apply in the paper version.
- If you work outside France, you provide the relevant documents of your country testifying to your professional status.
- You dispose of a valid public liability insurance policy for professionals the day of your application and during the two days of our market.
SPECIAL CASE: if the applicant is in the beginning of her or his business (less than 4 years), and if the studio is situated in the region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, she or he can apply to the “Newly-created studio selection” (more details).
Extract from the market’s rules: 3 - Terms and Conditions of the selection process 3-2 Newly-Created Studio Selection A special selection of four places is organised for newly-created studios. It concerns studios created since less than four years in one of the 12 departments of the region Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes: Ain, Allier, Ardèche, Cantal, Drôme, Isère, Loire, Haute Loire, Puy de Dôme, Rhône, Savoie and Haute Savoie. The admission to one these places permits only one year of participation. The potter has to wait then one year before applying again – for the normal selection that time. This category is not open to applicants residing abroad.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
There are three steps of the application and inscription process :
- Between 1 November end 15 December before the market edition, you send an application form : either by post (paper version to download at the bottom of this page) or directly online from our website.
- A selection board examines the applications at the end of January (more details). You will be informed of the board’s decision – positive or negative – by electronic mail during February.
- If the decision is positive, we will send you a registration form by post which you will have to fill and to send back by post accompanied by your payment of the stallage by international bank transfer.
Extract from the market’s rules: 4 - The selection process The selection board is composed of ten members, potters, artists from other domains, gallery-owners, ceramic lovers and representatives of different organisations collaborating with our association and a representative of Ateliers d’Art de France. The members of the board are regularly reselected; members sit on the board for maximum three consecutive years. All application files are examined anonymously. After the deliberation of the selection board, the board of directors of our association pronounces the admissions to our market. The selected potters are invited to fill the registration form.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED
FOR HOW LONG ?
After having been selected you can exhibit during three consecutive years. After that you will have to wait two years before another application. If you are absent one of the three years, you lose your right to exhibit the remaining years, except from cases of force majeure which are examined by the board of directors.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST ?
The stallage for the next edition is 210€. The option to pay in installments will be provided. If you are not a member of an association within the “Collectif National des Céramistes (CNC) or of the association “Tupiniers du Vieux Lyon“, an additional contribution of 15 € will be asked. This sum, modifiable each year by “D’ARGILES“ (association of Rhône-Alpes potters) shall be transferred in full to the above in accordance with potter’s markets rule established by the CNC.
The market of the “Tupiniers du Vieux Lyon“ appears on the list of commercial events approved by “Ateliers d’Art de France“ (AAF). If you subscribe to this organization and file a request, you can receive a contribution from the AAF of 75 € towards the price of your stand.
For more information
For either the paper or the online version of your application you will have to provide some documents (photos, proofs, relevant documents). We suggest you to prepare them before starting. You can choose now between the two versions.
Option 1 : send an application form by post
Option 2 : send an online application form
“ We can’t send you the application form at the moment: the procedure (by post or online) opens only between 1November and 15 December of the year before the market edition. At the opening of the application procedure we will place an alarm on our homepage in order to remind you of the dates.“
The team of the Tupiniers